FIM Fogo British Speedway GP
Wildcard & Reserves
Kenneth Bjerre & Jason Crump 27.06.2009
Address & Contact Details
Retractable roof, press boxes, fully equipped press room, restaurants, fast food outlets and bars, shops, tours, conference space.
Did You Know?
- The first FIM British Speedway Grand Prix held at the Millennium Stadium took place on 09 June 2001.
- The Millennium Stadium in Cardiff hosts its tweflth consecutive FIM British Speedway Grand Prix in 2012.
- Only one British rider out of the 16 who have ridden at the Millennium Stadium has won the Grand Prix in Cardiff – Chris Harris in 2007.
- He became only the second British rider to win the FIM British Grand Prix after Martin Dugard, as Wild Card, won the 2000 event at Coventry, ironically watched by a 17 year old, Chris Harris.
Results of previous five GP's:
(1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th)
- 2011: Greg Hancock, Nicki Pedersen, Chris Holder, Emil Sayfutdinov
- 2010: Chris Holder, Jason Crump, Jaroslaw Hampel, Hans Andersen
- 2009: Jason Crump, Fredrik Lindgren, Hans Andersen, Greg Hancock
- 2008: Jason Crump, Greg Hancock, Nicki Pedersen, Scott Nicholls
- 2007: Chris Harris, Greg Hancock, Jason Crump, Leigh Adams
Friday 24 August:
Queens Arcade shopping centre
Open to public so come down and watch!
Practice will be open to all ticket holders from 17:30-20:00 on Friday 24 August.
Spectators can enter through Gate 3 and will be able to sit in blocks U6 and U9.
Saturday 25 August:
St Mary's Street, Cardiff
The Fanzone is a dedicated area for speedway fans in St Mary's Street, Cardiff just two minutes walk from the Millennium Stadium.
Entertainment in the Fanzone this year features*:
- Monster Energy Fan Area
- Big Screen
- Music from the Magoos on the main stage
- Vintage Speedway Bikes
- Interviews with Speedway Celebrities
- 16:00: Autograph Session with Chris Harris, Scott Nicholls, Greg Hancock and Martin Vaculik
- Meet the Grid Girls
- Capital FM Street Stars
- Cardiff Devils
16:30 - 18:00
Before the start of the race there will be entertainment on show in the Millennium Stadium, including:
- Big Screen features
- BTM Band
- CF1 Choir
- Flawless – 2006 Street Dance World Champions & 2009 Britain's Got Talent finalists
*Line-up subject to change & timings approximate
TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION
Nearest airport is Cardiff International.
Enter Cardiff from M4/A478/A48 signposted from M4.
Cardiff Central station is a two-minute walk from the stadium.
Park & Ride:
PARK & RIDE sites accessed from J33 of the M4 - Cost £10 per car
International Sports Village (BLUE CAR PARK)
County Hall (GREEN CAR PARK)
Drop off points will be:
International Sports Village - Tresillian Way north, at rear of Railway Station
County Hall - Callaghan Square north, in lay-by by Ever Sheds
The car park will open at 9:00am, with the first bus at 9:00am. The last bus will leave the pick-up point at 10:30pm, with the car park closing at 11pm.
Coach parking will be provided off Sophia Close - there are dedicated coach parking areas with driver facilities. Cost - £10.00 per coach.
To keep up to date with traffic situations in Wales, visit:
Information About Cardiff
For further information on attractions, hotels, bars and restaurants to visit in Cardiff and Wales go to:
Tickets & Hospitality
ALL TICKETS AVAILABLE FROM THE STADIUM
Friday 24 August
Available from Millennium Stadium Westgate Street Shop
13:00pm - 20:30pm
Available from Gate 3
Saturday 25 August
10:00am - 19:00pm
Available from Millennium Stadium Westgate Street Shop and Gate 3
NO LONGER AVAILABLE
|Category 6 (Family)||Â£107|
|Category 7 (Family)||Â£93|
|VIP Methanol Club||Â£370|
|VIP Methanol Club (1 Night)||Â£477.50|
|VIP Methanol Club (2 Nights)||Â£592.50|
|St. David's Lounge||Â£202|