|Date:||Sat 1st June 2013|
|Track Length:||278 metres|
|Track Record Time:||55.00s|
|Track Record:||Kenneth Bjerre & Jason Crump 27.06.2009|
|WILD CARD #16:||Chris Harris|
|RESERVE #17:||Craig Cook|
|RESERVE #18:||Josh Auty|
*Family tickets are for two adults and two children under the age of 16.
**Consession prices include Old Age Pensioners and children under the age of 16.
Terms and Conditions
(N.B. Tickets subject to booking fee)
Queen's Arcade, Working St, Cardiff (ground floor opposite Post Office).
Hosted by Real Radio's Jason Harold.
SGP riders (to be confirmed) will be in attendance along with Eurosport presenters Sophie Blake and Scott Nicholls.
17:00 - 19:00: Practice
Millennium Stadium. Open to race day ticket holders. Entry via Gate 3. Gates open at 16:30.
- Rider autograph sessions
- Titan is back!
- The Magoos
- Bigger and Better Monster Energy rig
- Monster Energy Girls
- Photographs with World Championship Trophy
- Vintage speedway bikes
- Mr Gater machine
- Territorial Army stand
- Real Radio Patrol
- Grid Girl photographs
- Interviews on the big stage
15:00: Stadium gates open to general ticket holders
15:30: In stadium entertainment begins
16:30: Toni Bou performance, 13 x World Trail Champion and Monster Energy athlete
16:55: Opening ceremony begins
17:20: First heat begins
20:00: Prize giving and closing ceremony + Fireworks display
(Tickets are available on the day from stadium box office situated just inside the Cardiff Arms building)
(NOTE: All timings subject to change)
Address & Contact Details
Tel: +44 (0)870 013 8600
Fax: +44 (0)2920 822 474
Retractable roof, press boxes, fully equipped press room, restaurants, fast food outlets and bars, shops, tours, conference space.
Did You Know?
- The first FIM British Speedway Grand Prix held at the Millennium Stadium took place on 09 June 2001.
- The Millennium Stadium in Cardiff hosts its thirteenth consecutive FIM British Speedway Grand Prix in 2013.
- Only one British rider out of the 16 who have ridden at the Millennium Stadium has won the Grand Prix in Cardiff – Chris Harris in 2007.
- He became only the second British rider to win the FIM British Grand Prix after Martin Dugard, as Wild Card, won the 2000 event at Coventry, ironically watched by a 17 year old, Chris Harris.
Results of previous five GP's:
(1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th)
- 2012: Chris Holder, Krzysztof Kasprzak, Antonio Lindback, Fredrik Lindgren
- 2011: Greg Hancock, Nicki Pedersen, Chris Holder, Emil Sayfutdinov
- 2010: Chris Holder, Jason Crump, Jaroslaw Hampel, Hans Andersen
- 2009: Jason Crump, Fredrik Lindgren, Hans Andersen, Greg Hancock
- 2008: Jason Crump, Greg Hancock, Nicki Pedersen, Scott Nicholls
Nearest airport is Cardiff International.
Enter Cardiff from M4/A478/A48 signposted from M4.
Cardiff Central station is a two-minute walk from the stadium.
Park & Ride
PARK & RIDE sites accessed from J33 of the M4 - Cost £10 per car
International Sports Village (BLUE CAR PARK)
County Hall (GREEN CAR PARK)
Drop off points will be:
International Sports Village - Tresillian Way north, at rear of Railway Station
County Hall - Callaghan Square north, in lay-by by Ever Sheds
The car park will open at 9:00am, with the first bus at 9:30am. The last bus will leave the pick-up point at 10:30pm, with the car park closing at 11pm.
Coach parking will be provided off Sophia Close - there are dedicated coach parking areas with driver facilities. Cost - £10.00 per coach.
Any event car parking in Sophia Close will also be £10 / car as this car park is within a five minute walk of the stadium.
Small road closure along Westgate Street, Park Street and Scott Rd, 15:00 until 21:30 & closure of Station Approach, Central Sq, except buses using the bus station, from earlier in the day.
To keep up to date with traffic situations in Wales, visit:
Information About Cardiff
For further information on attractions, hotels, bars and restaurants to visit in Cardiff and Wales go to:
We have once again been working with Cardiff & Co to secure accommodation for the 2013 event at competitive rates. As a result, 1,000 bed spaces have been secured once again for true Speedway fans. The discounted rates are available on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights with no minimum stay requirement. These rooms are on a first come first served basis and the maximum amount of bedrooms that can be booked in one transaction is 3 for up to 12 people (including children).
In order to secure your discounted rate accommodation you must first purchase a ticket for the 2013 British FIM Speedway Grand Prix and will then be sent a link in your confirmation email taking you to the booking site.