Thursday 12th January 2012, 11:50
Grand Prix star Hans Andersen has been appointed skipper of the Swindon Robins for 2012.
The Dane takes over from Team GB racer Simon Stead, who will be looking to work on his own form after a season beset by injury in 2011. It’s a move which team manager Alun Rossiter feels will benefit the team – and both Andersen and Stead individually.
He said: “Hans was delighted when I asked him. He sees it as a massive honour to be handed the captaincy in his first season with the club.
“Simon is a vital member of the team and he was skipper last season when the team was struggling. That can’t have been easy for him and without the captaincy on his shoulders I believe he will flourish once again.
“I believe this decision will prove to be the right one and in the best interests of Swindon Speedway.”
- 05/02: BOMBER SEEKS BETTER
- 04/02: NKI WON'T RULE OUT UK RIDE
- 03/02: SHOOTING STARS: MILIK
- 02/02: HOLDER'S SWEDISH SCENERY CHANGE
- 01/02: SGP GOLD: MATEJ'S GORZOW MAGIC
- 31/01: AJ BACK IN THE MEDAL HUNT?
- 30/01: NICKI WARMING UP FOR 2016
- 30/01: SGP COUNTDOWN: ZMARZLIK
- 29/01: SAVE ON VASTERVIK SWC TICKETS!
- 28/01: BARTEK UP FOR FULL-TIME TEST