Thursday 12th January 2012, 11:50
Grand Prix star Hans Andersen has been appointed skipper of the Swindon Robins for 2012.
The Dane takes over from Team GB racer Simon Stead, who will be looking to work on his own form after a season beset by injury in 2011. It’s a move which team manager Alun Rossiter feels will benefit the team – and both Andersen and Stead individually.
He said: “Hans was delighted when I asked him. He sees it as a massive honour to be handed the captaincy in his first season with the club.
“Simon is a vital member of the team and he was skipper last season when the team was struggling. That can’t have been easy for him and without the captaincy on his shoulders I believe he will flourish once again.
“I believe this decision will prove to be the right one and in the best interests of Swindon Speedway.”
- 29/05: NEW TITLE SPONSOR FOR 2015 BRITISH SGP
- 28/05: GRIN HAILS HIS MAGIC APPRENTICE
- 28/05: LAMBERT READY FOR SWC TEST
- 27/05: NKI'S CZECH COMEBACK
- 27/05: BREAK FOR HANS
- 27/05: SKIPPERS STAR FOR VETLANDA
- 26/05: MONSTER ENERGY SWC TEAMS REVEALED
- 26/05: TAI TAKING NOTHING FOR GRANTED
- 25/05: ROOBOY SURGERY A SUCCESS
- 25/05: VACULIK VICTORIOUS