HAMPEL'S NO.1 TARGET
Polish No.1 Jaroslaw Hampel believes he has what it takes to become world champion this term and isn’t afraid to work for the prize.
The Leszno and Vetlanda man became the first Polish rider to finish above national legend Tomasz Gollob in the SGP rankings since the competition replaced one-off World Finals in 1995.
Hampel also achieved one of his racing dreams by lifting the Polish Championship for the first time in his career at Leszno in September.
Since returning to the Grand Prix series in 2010, Hampel has won World Championship silver and bronze medals. He is desperate to add a gold to his collection and, although the Lodz-born racer knows it will be tough, he has the stomach for a fight.
He told Sportowefakty.pl: “I dream of a world title. I want to go even better this season than in the two previous years.
"I cannot promise anything, but I feel strong enough to fight for the gold medal this year.”
- 30/09: VIDEO: TORUN SGP PRACTICE
- 30/09: HUGE HEAT 11 IN TORUN
- 30/09: TITLE RACE GETS TENSE IN TORUN
- 30/09: TORUN TV GUIDE
- 29/09: VIDEO: TWO DAYS UNTIL TORUN
- 29/09: TAI: I'M STILL IN TITLE HUNT
- 29/09: ZAGAR STILL SEEKING SGP 2017
- 28/09: WOFFY EYES 2009 TITLE REPEAT
- 28/09: AJ INSPIRES TITLE CHARGE
- 28/09: LINDBACK TARGETS TORUN RETURN