HANS HEADS HOME
Sunday 4th March 2012, 15:12
SGP wild card Hans Andersen has joined his local Danish Super League club Fjelsted on a two-year deal.
The former world No.5 was left out of work in Denmark when Vojens withdrew from the competition last month. But Fjelsted, where Andersen last raced in 2008, wasted no time in snapping up the 31-year-old, who will also compete for Swindon in the British Elite League, Indianerna in Sweden and Grudziadz in the Polish First Division.
Andersen will battle former Grand Prix rivals Piotr Protasiewicz and Magnus Zetterstrom for his place in the side. The likes of Peter Kildemand, Rene Bach, Robert Miskowiak, Thomas Jorgensen and Jacob Thorssell will also represent the club in 2012.
Fjelsted are based just down the road from Odense, Andersen’s home town, and the Grand Prix star is delighted to be back on the island where his life and racing career began.
He said: "I am very happy to be back at Fjelsted. This is partly because Fjelsted is a very professional club which is always on top of things. It is also on Fyn, where I started my career and I feel a sense of belonging to the lovely island.”
- 22/10: GRIN: NO.45 IS THE NEW NO.1
- 21/10: SAVE UP TO 40% ON MALILLA TICKETS
- 20/10: ELITE MAGIC FOR JANOWSKI
- 20/10: HARRIS: BEES NOT BEATEN
- 19/10: AJ AIMS FOR MEDAL IN 2015
- 19/10: MIEDZINSKI SEASON OVER
- 18/10: MAGIC: WORK TO DO FOR POOLE
- 17/10: SGP NUMBERS FOR 2015 REVEALED
- 17/10: MAGIC READY FOR SGP TEST
- 16/10: KK STRIKES SILVER