GIZATULLIN GREEN LIGHT
Eastbourne have confirmed the visa for Russian racer Denis Gizatullin is in place and he will appear at the club’s press and practice session on Saturday.
Gizatullin will start at reserve for the Eagles and is keen to get plenty of laps under his belt ahead of their Elite League opener against Belle Vue on March 24.
Team manager Trevor Geer said: “Denis is so keen to get started and is certainly up for the challenge. We are also keen to see him out on track and I know our fans feel the same way.
“Everyone wants to see him in action and Saturday is the first opportunity for supporters to take a look at him. Press and practice day is always popular with the fans and this year, with the introduction of Denis, it will be even more so.”
Meanwhile, there was bad news for Belle Vue as their winter signing Travis McGowan could miss the start of the new season after being caught up in a paperwork delay.
The Australian rider has a Swedish wife and lives there rather than in his home country but has still suffered the problem with the Aces’ opening fixture at Sheffield just a week away.
Belle Vue boss Jim Lynch said: “Travis is waiting for a number to be issued to him by our authorities. If he gets it soon there is a chance of him being able to fast-track it through the Swedish system so he can come in and ride.
“But we have to look at the possibility of him missing the start of the season and I have a rider in mind that I can bring in if necessary.”
- 25/09: ZMARZLIK SEALS STAL GORZOW GOLD
- 25/09: VIDEO: STOCKHOLM PRESS CONFERENCE
- 25/09: VIDEO: STOCKHOLM FINAL REPLAY
- 25/09: DOYLE’S HAT-TRICK HEROICS
- 24/09: VIDEO: STOCKHOLM SGP HIGHLIGHTS
- 24/09: VIDEO: BEHIND THE SCENES IN STOCKHOLM
- 24/09: GRIN: I JUST WANTED TO BE THE BEST
- 24/09: VIDEO: TRACK WALK WITH TAI
- 24/09: DOYLE EYES MELBOURNE TITLE FIGHT
- 24/09: LINDBACK LOOKING UP