AUSSIE OPENER FOR HERBIE
Friday 30th March 2012, 02:41
World champion Greg Hancock collides with Southern Hemisphere heavyweights Jason Crump and Chris Holder when he opens his title defence in heat four of the FIM Buckley Systems New Zealand SGP on Saturday.
The Californian lines up in red, alongside Britain’s Chris Harris in blue. Holder jumps from gate three and Crump starts from the outside to ensure the champ will have to be at his best from the off.
Things don’t get any easier for the 41-year-old in heat seven, when he comes up against Polish giants Jaroslaw Hampel and Tomasz Gollob, as well as Danish star Bjarne Pedersen.
He then faces Sweden’s finest, Andreas Jonsson, in race 10, as well as late SGP entrants Peter Ljung and Hans Andersen.
World No.2 Jonsson opens his night in heat two against three-time world champion Nicki Pedersen, plus Bjarne Pedersen and wild card Jason Bunyan.
Last year’s bronze medallist Hampel launches his championship challenge in race three against Swedish trio Antonio Lindback, Freddie Lindgren and Ljung.
The first race of the SGP season sees 2010 world champion Gollob go up against Kenneth Bjerre, Emil Sayfutdinov and Andersen.
To see when your favourite SGP star takes to the shale, check out the full Western Springs draw here: http://www.speedwaygp.com/draw/37
- 24/05: HARRIS RUMOURS SLAMMED
- 24/05: EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT ON KING'S LYNN TICKETS
- 24/05: PUK PUZZLED BY SGP FORM
- 23/05: NICKI OUT OF DANISH FINAL
- 23/05: HANCOCK LEADS AMERICAN ASSAULT
- 23/05: TRIALS ICON BOU SET FOR CARDIFF
- 22/05: NO SIX-POINTERS SUITS SAYFUTDINOV
- 22/05: DREAM CARDIFF CALL FOR ALES
- 22/05: NICKI'S TITLE BID IN BALANCE
- 22/05: ULAMEK AND ELLIS JOIN HAMMERS