MORRIS TO MANAGE BRUM
Birmingham have brought Team Great Britain coach and former Brummie Phil Morris back to the club to share the team manager duties with Graham Drury – starting tonight.
Brummies face neighbours Wolverhampton at Perry Barr in an Elite League showdown live on Sky Sports, which will see Morris (pictured above left with Armando Castagna) take charge for the first time.
It’s a move which will surprise many as Drury looks to focus more on the meeting organisation during home events.
He said: “I interviewed several people for the role and Phil fits the bill perfectly. Since the club was taken over by new owners, it became obvious I would be needed more on the organisation side at home meetings, so it’s good to have Phil on board.
“It was all sorted before last week when we lost to Swindon, but Phil was in Croatia (for the FIM Speedway Gold Trophy 250cc meeting) so we had to delay the announcement.
“He can’t wait to get started so he will be in charge of the team tonight and I will continue in the role for away meetings.”
Brummies have both Ben Barker and Josh Auty available for the Midlands derby and are at full strength. Wolves are without Polish racer Lukasz Sowka who is riding in a Polish meeting. He is replaced by Thomas Jorgensen.
- 27/10: WOFFY FOCUSED IN SILVER SHOWDOWN
- 26/10: SGP 2017 WILD CARDS REVEALED
- 25/10: HEAT OF THE WEEK - GRIN'S WIN
- 24/10: 2017 ADRIAN FLUX BRITISH SGP - TICKET OFFER ENDS SOON!
- 24/10: HOLDER'S MELBOURNE MAGIC
- 23/10: VIDEO: MELBOURNE PRESS CONFERENCE
- 23/10: VIDEO: HOLDER'S HOME WIN
- 22/10: CHAMP HANCOCK SEEKS MORE HISTORY
- 22/10: VIDEO: MELBOURNE HIGHLIGHTS
- 22/10: VIDEO: TEAM HANCOCK CELEBRATES