PAWLICKI PICKED FOR EURO SGP
The 2011 FIM Speedway Under-21 World Championship bronze medallist Przemyslaw Pawlicki has been handed the wild card for the FIM Fogo European Speedway Grand Prix at Polish track Leszno on April 28.
The 20-year-old dons the No.16 race jacket in his home town after an impressive start to his career on the shale. He led Poland to victory in the FIM Team Speedway Under 21 World Championship Final at Gorzow in 2009 with a 15-point maximum and has won league titles in Poland, Sweden and Great Britain.
The 2009 European Under-19 champion lines up with world No.3 Jaroslaw Hampel in Leszno colours every week and will hope his experience around the Alfred Smoczyk Stadium gives him the edge when he takes on the SGP elite.
Pawlicki has already appeared in one Grand Prix race – finishing fourth in heat 15 of the FIM Bydgoszcz SGP of Poland in October 2010, when he took to the circuit in place of the injured Tomasz Gollob.
The Pole will be joined in the meeting by Tobiasz Musielak and his younger brother Piotr Pawlicki, who will serve as track reserves.
Musielak made a blinding start to the Polish Ekstraliga season on Easter Monday, scoring 11 paid 14 points for Leszno as they won 49-41 at home to Czestochowa. He dons the No.17 race jacket.
Polish Under-21 champion Piotr Pawlicki scored 11 for the Bulls in that meeting and he lines up at No.18.
The FIM Fogo European SGP will be overseen by referee Jim Lawrence from Great Britain.
- 27/09: DUDEK STARS AS DACKARNA LEAD
- 27/09: PEDERSEN'S SGP SEASON OVER
- 27/09: VIDEO: STOCKHOLM HEAT OF THE WEEK
- 27/09: PK SEEKS SGP SALVATION
- 26/09: VIDEO: LAST YEAR IN TORUN
- 26/09: FREDDIE: ROSTRUM REWARD FOR GTR
- 25/09: ZMARZLIK SEALS STAL GORZOW GOLD
- 25/09: VIDEO: STOCKHOLM PRESS CONFERENCE
- 25/09: VIDEO: STOCKHOLM FINAL REPLAY
- 25/09: DOYLE’S HAT-TRICK HEROICS