FRANC GETS PRAGUE DATE
Czech international Josef ‘Pepe’ Franc has been handed the wild card for the FIM Mitas Czech Speedway Grand Prix at the Marketa Stadium in Prague on May 12.
Franc, who dons the famous No.16 race jacket, rides for the Prague club in the Czech top division, as well as the Sheffield Tigers in the British Premier League.
This will be the three-time Czech Under-21 champion’s third SGP appearance at the Marketa Stadium. He scored one point in the 2003 Czech round and three in the 2007 Prague event.
Franc is joined in the meeting by Czech league team mates, Danish stars Nicki and Bjarne Pedersen.
Czech racers Vaclav Milik and Matej Kus have been granted the track reserve berths.
Milik lines up in the No.17 race jacket and Kus, who has served as the Czech SGP wild card for the past three years, is No.18.
The referee in Prague will be Wojciech Grodzki from Poland.
- 25/02: RIDER ROUND-UP: ANTONIO LINDBACK
- 24/02: ACES OWNERS UNVEILED
- 24/02: MADSEN HAILS HANS IMPACT
- 23/02: SGP GOLD: ZAGAR SHOWS HIS STEEL
- 23/02: NO SGP QUALIFIERS FOR AJ
- 22/02: GRIN: YOUNG GUNS TAKING OVER SGP
- 21/02: SGP PREVIEW: TETEROW
- 20/02: SUCCESSFUL SURGERY FOR JANOWSKI
- 20/02: MORE WARSAW TICKETS RELEASED
- 20/02: FIVE FACTS: NICKI PEDERSEN