GAFUROV JOINS ACES PACK
Thursday 7th June 2012, 10:45
Belle Vue have made Renat Gafurov the club’s first Russian signing in its history.
Gafurov, 29, will make his debut in Monday’s Elite League match against Wolverhampton at Kirkmanshulme Lane.
He will replace Swede Linus Eklof, who will be seeking a club in the Premier League after struggling to make the step up in class to the top flight.
Gafurov is due to come over on Sunday to prepare as long as the official paperwork is completed.
Operations Director Chris Morton said: “We’ve done a deal and I’ve cleared it with the Russian team manager that he is happy for him to join us. All we are waiting for now is for the Russian federation to give him official clearance.”
He had a spell with Poole last season, which included an outstanding performance at Belle Vue when he was their match winner with three wins and 12 points from five rides.
Gafurov, known as the Gaffer, is based in Bydgoszcz and rides for nearby Gdansk.
- 22/05: NO SIX-POINTERS SUITS SAYFUTDINOV
- 22/05: DREAM CARDIFF CALL FOR ALES
- 22/05: NICKI'S TITLE BID IN BALANCE
- 22/05: ULAMEK AND ELLIS JOIN HAMMERS
- 21/05: NKI'S INDIANS STUN VETLANDA
- 21/05: CHAMP'S CHANGES FOR CARDIFF
- 21/05: INJURY PROMPTS POOLE CALL-OFF
- 20/05: ZAGAR INTO QUALIFYING SEMIS
- 20/05: AMERICAN DREAMING IN HUNGARY
- Play20/05: VIDEO: PRAGUE HIGHLIGHTS