SGP FOUR RIDE FOR RICO
Thursday 16th August 2012, 08:55
Grand Prix stars Greg Hancock, Chris Holder, Andreas Jonsson and Chris Harris have been confirmed for Lee Richardson’s Memorial meeting at Lakeside on September 28.
World champion Hancock agreed to headline the event when plans for the meeting were announced shortly after Rico lost his life in a crash at Polish track Wroclaw on May 13.
It’s no surprise that a raft of international stars signed up to take part. Holder and double World Under-21 champion Darcy Ward, who has also signed up to race, shared big sponsor Hagon Shocks with the Team Great Britain great.
Jonsson remains a favourite at Lakeside, where he raced from 2006 to 2008, while Harris served in the national team with Richardson for a number of FIM Speedway World Cup campaigns.
British champion Scott Nicholls raced alongside them and he takes his place at the Arena-Essex Raceway. Australian international Rory Schlein has also been confirmed.
The meeting will be contested over a 20-heat format and tickets cost a minimum donation of £10 towards the Rico Support Fund set up to help the rider’s wife Emma and their sons, Josh, Jake and Jenson. Admission for under-16s is £1.
- 18/06: CHAMP PIPS PEDERSEN FOR PIRATES
- 18/06: HOLDER HANGING ON TO EMIL
- 17/06: TOP THREE FOR TAI?
- 17/06: MIDDLO'S TEAM GB CHALLENGE
- 17/06: SGP QUALIFICATION DRAW
- Play17/06: VIDEO: GORZOW HIGHLIGHTS
- 16/06: PERFECTION FOR PEDERSEN
- 16/06: WARRIOR WOFFY DEFIES PAIN
- 15/06: HAMPEL'S POLISH PRIDE
- 15/06: HAMPEL WINS GORZOW SGP