ESBJERG SEAL DANISH CROWN
Wednesday 12th September 2012, 23:03
FIM Monster Energy Speedway World Cup winners Niels-Kristian Iversen, Mikkel Bech and Leon Madsen teamed up to lead Esbjerg to Danish Super League title glory on Wednesday night.
NKI starred on 15 points as Esbjerg won the four-team super final, featuring the top sides from this season’s championship. Madsen tallied 12 and Bech bagged six.
Their efforts ensured Esbjerg triumphed on 37, while Fjelsted just fell short on 36, Holsted were third on 34 and Holstebro finished fourth on 28. With the winners earning four league points, Fjelsted could have denied Esbjerg the championship, but only if Iversen’s men finished last.
Fjelsted could only bag three extra league points and the runners-up spot, though, as Peter Kildemand led the scoring on 10. Claus Vissing added nine and SGP star Hans Andersen notched eight.
World title chaser Nicki Pedersen was Holsted’s top man on 13 as they cemented third place with an extra two points.
Grand Prix rider Bjarne Pedersen shone on 11 for Holstebro, who did not get any league points for fourth place on the night.
- 23/05: NICKI OUT OF DANISH FINAL
- 23/05: HANCOCK LEADS AMERICAN ASSAULT
- 23/05: TRIALS ICON BOU SET FOR CARDIFF
- 22/05: NO SIX-POINTERS SUITS SAYFUTDINOV
- 22/05: DREAM CARDIFF CALL FOR ALES
- 22/05: NICKI'S TITLE BID IN BALANCE
- 22/05: ULAMEK AND ELLIS JOIN HAMMERS
- 21/05: NKI'S INDIANS STUN VETLANDA
- 21/05: CHAMP'S CHANGES FOR CARDIFF
- 21/05: INJURY PROMPTS POOLE CALL-OFF