SWINDON SEAL POOLE SHOWDOWN
Thursday 4th October 2012, 22:34
British racer Simon Stead romped to a 12-point maximum as Swindon set up an Elite League play-off final showdown with Poole courtesy of a 110-72 aggregate demolition of Birmingham.
The Robins triumphed 55-37 at Blunsdon and will now host the Pirates on Monday night, before Poole stage the second leg on October 15.
Stead went unbeaten at reserve, while Australian international Troy Batchelor racked up 10 paid 12, Nick Morris accrued eight paid 11 and Peter Kildemand notched nine. SGP racer Hans Andersen scored seven paid eight.
Polish rider Sebastian Ulamek led the Birmingham resistance on 15 points as they battled on without Grand Prix regular Bjarne Pedersen, who is nursing an ankle injury.
With Poole sweating on the fitness of Polish teenager Piotr Pawlicki, Swindon will fancy their chances of winning their first league championship since 1967.
- 19/05: EMIL ROARS TO LIONS MAX
- 19/05: SLEEPLESS NICKI'S DREAM DISPLAY
- Play19/05: WOFFY'S MARKETA MAGIC
- 19/05: THJ SURVIVES INJURY SCARE
- 18/05: WOFFY, WOFFY, WOFFY!
- 18/05: EMIL'S INSPIRATION
- 18/05: FAST FREDDIE: IN FOR A WIN
- 18/05: BACK ON THE BOX?
- 17/05: HERBIE READY AFTER REST
- 17/05: ITALIAN SGP TICKETS ON SALE NOW!