Friday 5th October 2012, 10:39
Outgoing SGP star Bjarne Pedersen is determined to overcome an ankle injury in time for his final World Championship appearance in the FIM Torun SGP of Poland on Saturday.
The Ryde-born racer has confirmed the Marian Rose Motoarena meeting will be his last Grand Prix outing after opting to concentrate on his league racing from 2013 onwards.
Pedersen sat out Birmingham’s Elite League play-off semi-final, second leg trip to Swindon on Thursday after injuring his ankle in the first leg at Perry Barr on Monday.
"I would hate to miss out with an injury. Iâ€™m sure it will be a big show and Iâ€™d like to be a part of it."
- Bjarne Pedersen
He is set to sit out practice in Torun today and may take a spin at his Polish club Gniezno instead. But Pedersen is keen to play a part in what should be an exciting finale to his SGP career.
“The ankle is getting better day by day, hour by hour,” he said. “For sure, it’s much better today than yesterday. Hopefully it will be good so that I can finish off in the last Grand Prix. That would be a big bonus if I could do that one.
“I would hate to miss out with an injury. I’m sure it will be a big show and I’d like to be a part of it.”
- 20/05: ZAGAR INTO QUALIFYING SEMIS
- 20/05: AMERICAN DREAMING IN HUNGARY
- Play20/05: VIDEO: PRAGUE HIGHLIGHTS
- 19/05: EMIL ROARS TO LIONS MAX
- 19/05: SLEEPLESS NICKI'S DREAM DISPLAY
- Play19/05: WOFFY'S MARKETA MAGIC
- 19/05: THJ SURVIVES INJURY SCARE
- 18/05: WOFFY, WOFFY, WOFFY!
- 18/05: EMIL'S INSPIRATION
- 18/05: FAST FREDDIE: IN FOR A WIN