PIRATES' PAWLICKI DOUBTS
Friday 5th October 2012, 09:08
Polish teenager Piotr Pawlicki is likely to miss both legs of Poole Pirates’ Elite League play-off final clash with Swindon.
The Leszno-born star crashed hard in his Swedish Elitserien club Piraterna’s play-off final, first leg against Vetlanda in Motala on Tuesday.
Pawlicki had recently recovered from a dislocated shoulder and suffered a recurrence of the problem when he straightened up to avoid stricken team mate Greg Hancock.
Poole have confirmed he will definitely miss the first leg at Blunsdon on Monday night, but they still hold out some hope of getting him back on track for the decider at Wimborne Road on October 15.
Meanwhile, Swindon have problems of their own after they confirmed Australian racer Nick Morris is a major doubt for the first leg.
He scored eight paid 11 in Robins’ 55-37 semi-final, second leg triumph at the Abbey Stadium last night, but crashed in heat 15. He was left with a sore neck and back, as well as a chipped tooth.
The two clubs would operate rider replacement for the men concerned if they are unavailable.
- 19/05: EMIL ROARS TO LIONS MAX
- 19/05: SLEEPLESS NICKI'S DREAM DISPLAY
- Play19/05: WOFFY'S MARKETA MAGIC
- 19/05: THJ SURVIVES INJURY SCARE
- 18/05: WOFFY, WOFFY, WOFFY!
- 18/05: EMIL'S INSPIRATION
- 18/05: FAST FREDDIE: IN FOR A WIN
- 18/05: BACK ON THE BOX?
- 17/05: HERBIE READY AFTER REST
- 17/05: ITALIAN SGP TICKETS ON SALE NOW!