AJ MAKES SMEDERNA SWITCH
Monday 15th October 2012, 19:05
Grand Prix star Andreas Jonsson has ended his nine-year stay at Dackarna to join Swedish Elitserien newcomers Smederna.
The Swedish international was unveiled in a press conference at the Eskilstuna club on Monday.
Jonsson hopes the change of scenery will boost his fortunes as he bids to recapture the form which took him to the silver medal in the 2011 World Championship.
He told the club’s official website: “I think I'm seriously in need of a new start – a kick to put it simply. That said, I've had nine fantastic seasons at Malilla, I’ve won the title there and I would have only hoped to have had a few more.
“It feels like I've done my time down there, and I think we are right to go our separate ways. For me, it feels great to have chosen Smederna and I hope it will be a step forward in my career.”
- 24/05: DANISH CHAMP STARS IN SLANGERUP
- 24/05: HARRIS RUMOURS SLAMMED
- 24/05: EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT ON KING'S LYNN TICKETS
- 24/05: PUK PUZZLED BY SGP FORM
- 23/05: NICKI OUT OF DANISH FINAL
- 23/05: HANCOCK LEADS AMERICAN ASSAULT
- 23/05: TRIALS ICON BOU SET FOR CARDIFF
- 22/05: NO SIX-POINTERS SUITS SAYFUTDINOV
- 22/05: DREAM CARDIFF CALL FOR ALES
- 22/05: NICKI'S TITLE BID IN BALANCE