FAST FREDDIE'S BIG DAY
Saturday 20th October 2012, 11:23
Grand Prix star Freddie Lindgren will celebrate his British testimonial with Wolverhampton in 2013 after signing a new deal with the club.
Lindgren, who appears in the Elite League Riders Championship at Swindon this evening, first raced for the Monmore Green outfit in 2003 and has starred for the Black Country outfit ever since.
He was heavily linked with a move to Poole for the 2005 season as he struggled to get to grips with the tight and technical Wolves circuit. But the Orebro-born man took the decision to stay and master it and is almost unstoppable there these days.
Lindgren is proud to have achieved a decade with one club – a rare feat in British speedway due to the annual rulebook re-writes.
He said: “It feels good to be know I'll be back next year. I had a long meeting with Chris (Van Straaten) and decided to stay for another year with Wolverhampton.
“We really want to get things a lot better for next year so we can get back to winning ways.
“It's very early stages of planning for my testimonial at the moment. I'll sit down with the committee over the winter and see what we can come up with.
“It's been great riding here for the last 10 years. Wolverhampton is like a second home for me now. Ten years is a long time and I am very proud to have stayed with one team for so long.”
A date for Lindgren’s testimonial is yet to be decided.
- 23/05: HANCOCK LEADS AMERICAN ASSAULT
- 23/05: TRIALS ICON BOU SET FOR CARDIFF
- 22/05: NO SIX-POINTERS SUITS SAYFUTDINOV
- 22/05: DREAM CARDIFF CALL FOR ALES
- 22/05: NICKI'S TITLE BID IN BALANCE
- 22/05: ULAMEK AND ELLIS JOIN HAMMERS
- 21/05: NKI'S INDIANS STUN VETLANDA
- 21/05: CHAMP'S CHANGES FOR CARDIFF
- 21/05: INJURY PROMPTS POOLE CALL-OFF
- 20/05: ZAGAR INTO QUALIFYING SEMIS