NICKI'S NORRKOPING BOOST
Friday 26th October 2012, 11:01
World No.2 Nicki Pedersen hopes extending his stay with Vargarna will give him an edge in the World Championship race for 2013.
The Danish international spends a third straight season at the Norrkoping club, which only retained its top-flight status after Valsarna opted to drop into the Allsvenskan League for financial reasons.
The Odense-born rider is more than happy with Wolves’ tight and technical home track and feels it sharpens his skills for the SGP rounds in Copenhagen and Cardiff.
He said: “It’s a small, difficult track that causes problems for many riders, and therefore it’s a big stepping stone on the way to the play-offs.
“We have a good home advantage and it’s also good for me when you consider the small, indoor tracks in the GP.
“I had a terrific season in 2012 and finished second in the averages in Sweden. It’s one of the toughest leagues in the world, so I am looking forward to returning next season and continuing with Vargarna.”
- 19/06: EMIL'S RUSSIAN RESCUE BID
- 19/06: IVERSEN'S UNHAPPY ENDING
- 19/06: SUNDSTROM'S SGP LIFELINE
- 19/06: KK'S DANISH DEAL
- 18/06: CHAMP PIPS PEDERSEN FOR PIRATES
- Play18/06: VIDEO: GORZOW SGP FINAL
- 18/06: HOLDER HANGING ON TO EMIL
- Play18/06: VIDEO: TAI'S RIDE
- 17/06: TOP THREE FOR TAI?
- 17/06: MIDDLO'S TEAM GB CHALLENGE