GOLLOB OUT OF WORK IN SWEDEN
Friday 2nd November 2012, 12:39
Polish icon Tomasz Gollob faces a quiet schedule in 2013 after failing to find a Swedish Elitserien side before the end of the signing window.
Elitserien clubs had until November 1 to declare a squad of seven riders and two guests.
Gollob did not receive a contract extension from Hammarby, where he endured a lacklustre season this year. He reportedly held talks to join Nicki Pedersen at Vargarna, but the rider was said to have been unable to reach an agreement with the Wolves.
The 41-year-old, who is reportedly searching for a new club in Poland after his deal with Gorzow ended, could still sign a contract in Sweden from mid-April onwards when the rider market re-opens ahead of the start of the season in May.
But his 1.725 average and the reduction in the team-building point limit from 10.5 to 10 could make it hard for a club to fit him in.
Elitserien sides must also track three Swedish riders in their starting seven for every meeting.
Gollob isn’t the only SGP star with no Swedish deal as GP Challenge top two Krzysztof Kasprzak and Matej Zagar are without clubs, as well as British wild card Tai Woffinden.
But Zagar rarely rides in Sweden, while KK and Woffinden have hinted they may sit the Elitserien out to focus on their British, Polish and Grand Prix commitments.
- 24/05: HARRIS RUMOURS SLAMMED
- 24/05: EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT ON KING'S LYNN TICKETS
- 24/05: PUK PUZZLED BY SGP FORM
- 23/05: NICKI OUT OF DANISH FINAL
- 23/05: HANCOCK LEADS AMERICAN ASSAULT
- 23/05: TRIALS ICON BOU SET FOR CARDIFF
- 22/05: NO SIX-POINTERS SUITS SAYFUTDINOV
- 22/05: DREAM CARDIFF CALL FOR ALES
- 22/05: NICKI'S TITLE BID IN BALANCE
- 22/05: ULAMEK AND ELLIS JOIN HAMMERS