MATIJA DUH 1989-2013
Sunday 3rd February 2013, 11:44
Slovenian rider Matija Duh has died in Argentina from the head injuries he sustained at Bahia Blanca on Wednesday.
The 2010 and 2011 Croatian SGP track reserve crashed in an Argentine Championship meeting after clipping former Italian SGP wild card Guglielmo Franchetti’s back wheel at the end of the back straight.
The high-speed impact left him with a brain haemorrhage, skull fractures and a fractured hip and he was declared brain dead by doctors.
Despite his family making the gruelling journey from Slovenia to Bahia Blanca to be at his bedside, Duh lost his fight for life at 6am.
Everyone at Speedwaygp.com sends their condolences to Matija’s family, friends and fans at this very sad time.
- 30/01: BEES BAG BRIDGER
- 30/01: BATCH'S VISA FRUSTRATION
- 29/01: AUSSIES TO LOOK ELSEWHERE?
- 28/01: MAGIC WAITS ON POOLE
- 28/01: COOK SET FOR GORZOW CHANCE
- 27/01: WOODWARD SET FOR BONE GRAFT
- 26/01: NICKI P PUMPED FOR WARSAW
- 25/01: FREDDIE'S FAST-TRACK FEARS
- 24/01: NKI CLOSES ON TRACK COMEBACK
- 23/01: BJERRE SEEKS INJURY BREAK