SURGERY FOR SAYFUTDINOV
Russian racer Emil Sayfutdinov has undergone surgery to fix persistent shoulder problems in Spain this morning.
The Leszno and Vetlanda favourite faces a reported two months on the sidelines after crashing in the Speedway Best Pairs at Torun on Saturday.
"On the way to surgery now ... I'm sure after that, we will start from the beginning and smiles on faces will come back."
- Emil Sayfutdinov
Sayfutdinov has suffered with shoulder problems in recent times and will hope the surgery followed by a lengthy break from the track will help him get back into peak condition.
Posting on Twitter this morning, Sayfutdinov wrote: “On the way to surgery now ... I'm sure after that, we will start from the beginning and smiles on faces will come back.”
Despite Leszno getting their Polish Ekstraliga title defence underway at Gorzow on Friday and Vetlanda’s season starting in May, Sayfutdinov is keen to ensure he’s fully fit before getting back into action.
Posting on Facebook two days ago, he wrote: “Okay so it looks like my break from speedway will be longer than everyone and me expected, but I need to be fit 100% before I come back on the bike.
“I wish all the best to my clubs Fogo Unia Leszno and Elit Vetlanda ... I keep my fingers crossed for good results.”
We wish Emil a successful operation and speedy recovery.
- 19/02: NO RUSH FOR NICKI ON SWEDISH DEAL
- 18/02: RIDER ROUND-UP: GREG HANCOCK
- 17/02: CIESLAK EARTHS ELECTRIC DOYLE
- 16/02: SGP GOLD: NICKI'S MALILLA THRILLER
- 16/02: ACES & REBELS STAGE TOP EVENTS
- 16/02: VACULIK'S SWEDISH HOME COMFORTS
- 15/02: PLENTY IN RESERVE FOR THE MONSTER ENERGY SWC
- 15/02: PK: RULES STOPPED SOMERSET MOVE
- 14/02: SGP PREVIEW: STOCKHOLM
- 13/02: FIVE FACTS: PATRYK DUDEK