FREDDIE PUMPED WITH ELRC TITLE
Swedish star Freddie Lindgren was “super pumped” to cap off a brilliant British season with Elite League Riders Championship glory in Coventry on Saturday.
Fast Freddie got the better of Danish star Niels-Kristian Iversen, Chris Harris and Edward Kennett in the final after finishing second in the heat scorechart with 12 points.
NKI qualified for the semi on 11, while Kim Nilsson made it through on 10, Harris qualified on nine and Danny King crept in on eight.
Iversen triumph ahead of Harris as the pair earned their place in the final, but they had no answer to Lindgren, who celebrated his second major honour in Britain in less than a week after winning the Elite League title with Wolverhampton in Manchester on Wednesday.
Kennett dropped just a point to top the scoring on 14, before finishing fourth in the final on his old home track.
Lindgren was delighted to come out on top after finding his form when it mattered most.
He said: “I was struggling a little midway through the meeting, but I got it together in the end and I’m super pumped. I made a lot of speed on the first lap of the final so I was able to squeeze past Chris, and it was a good race.”
- 23/04: GOLLOB'S GREATEST FIGHT
- 22/04: RIDER ROUND-UP: MATEJ ZAGAR
- 21/04: PAWLICKI: MORE TO COME
- 20/04: FIVE FACTS: TAI WOFFINDEN
- 19/04: MAGIC: READY TO ROCK AND ROLL
- 18/04: "DON'T WORRY, RELAX & HAVE A GOOD TIME!"
- 18/04: SGP PREVIEW: KRSKO
- 17/04: FIVE FACTS: BARTOSZ ZMARZLIK
- 16/04: ZAGAR BOOSTED BY BIG FINISH
- 15/04: RIDER ROUND-UP: PATRYK DUDEK