ZAGAR STICKS WITH SMEDERNA
Slovenian star Matej Zagar will stay in the Swedish Elitserien for 2017 after extending his contract with Smederna.
The Ljubljana-born man raced for the club this year, although his appearances were limited, and returns on a 1.818 average.
Coach Jerker Eriksson is backing the world No.9 to contribute to the Eskilstuna side’s cause on and off the track.
"He is a real winner and has high demands of himself and his team-mates, which I think is very important."
- Jerker Eriksson
He told the club’s official website: “Matej has always been a high priority to extend with, so it feels great that we managed to keep him.
“Matej did a good job during the season and was well liked by his team mates. I had not worked with Matej before, but what I saw of him both on the track and in the pits, I was impressed.
“He is a real winner and has high demands of himself and his team-mates, which I think is very important.”
Zagar has completed a move from Gorzow to Czestochowa in Poland, while his British future is unclear following as the Belle Vue Aces sweat over their future at the National Speedway Stadium.
Elsewhere, Lejonen have confirmed their squad, with SGP star Chris Holder leading the way.
He teams up with the likes of Danish racer Hans Andersen, Sweden’s Joonas Kylmakorpi, Aussie internationals Sam Masters and Rohan Tungate, plus Polish young guns Krystian Pieszczek and Maksym Drabik.
- 23/03: SGP GOLD: CARDIFF FINAL THRILLER
- 23/03: NICKI'S HOLSTED HOME
- 22/03: ZAGAR'S DOMESTIC CHORES
- 21/03: SGP PREVIEW: HORSENS
- 21/03: MAGIC CLOSES ON TRACK RETURN
- 20/03: FIVE FACTS: NIELS-KRISTIAN IVERSEN
- 20/03: PEPE DREAMS OF SGP COMEBACK
- 19/03: LEMON HAILS ACES ATTITUDE
- 18/03: RIDER ROUND-UP: NIELS-KRISTIAN IVERSEN
- 17/03: HOLDER SHOCKED BY POOLE EXIT