HOLDER TO STAR FOR KING'S LYNN
Aussie ace Chris Holder will lead King’s Lynn Stars’ SGB Premiership title bid in 2017.
The 2012 world champion joins the Norfolk club on loan from Poole after nine years at Wimborne Road, having being frozen out of Pirates’ plans due to his hefty 12.53 average.
He comes into the side as a direct replacement for Danish champion Niels-Kristian Iversen, who was keen to return to the club. But the Gorzow, Piraterna and Esbjerg man was forced out by Polish Ekstraliga rules, banning its riders from racing in no more than two other leagues.
Holder is joined in the King’s Lynn side by Great Britain international and local hero Robert Lambert, plus Australia’s former SGP star Troy Batchelor, who will be determined to bounce back from a tough 2016.
The trio will all be determined to make the most of their Adrian Flux Arena experience and represent their respective countries in Event 1 of the Monster Energy FIM Speedway World Cup at King’s Lynn on July 1.
They are joined in the Stars septet by British racer Lewis Rose, Nicklas Porsing and Kai Huckenbeck, with one spot remaining to be filled.
- 22/01: DUDEK: DACKARNA'S FREDDIE BOOST
- 21/01: DOYLE: FALUBAZ'S FORTUNES WILL IMPROVE
- 20/01: BEES SKIPPER KING: BUSINESS AS USUAL
- 19/01: MASTERS EYES MELBOURNE RETURN
- 18/01: EMIL'S RUSSIAN SGP DREAM
- 17/01: FRIDAY DEADLINE FOR BEES
- 17/01: ACES TO RACE IN 2017
- 16/01: SGP 2017 RIDER NUMBERS REVEALED
- 15/01: FREDDIE SEEKS GTR GOLD
- 14/01: SAM STORMS TO AUSSIE GOLD