FIVE FACTS: PATRYK DUDEK
SGP Five Facts brings you five things you may not know about the FIM Speedway Grand Prix stars of 2017. Today, we spotlight Patryk Dudek.
1. The Zielona Gora and Dackarna star is the only permanent FIM Speedway Grand Prix rider making his full-time debut in this year’s series. His only previous appearance saw him score eight points as a wild card in Warsaw last year.
2. Dudek surged to stardom on the world stage in 2013 when he helped Poland claim Monster Energy FIM Speedway World Cup gold in Prague. He has a 100 percent record in the tournament, having won gold again with the Poles in Manchester on his return to the side after a three-year absence last summer.
3. The Bydgoszcz-born man also won the FIM Speedway Under-21 World Championship in 2013. All four of Poland’s 2017 SGP riders have lifted the world junior title, with Maciej Janowski winning in 2011, Piotr Pawlicki in 2014 and Bartosz Zmarzlik in 2015.
4. Dudek earned his SGP return in style, winning the 2016 GP Challenge at Swedish track Vetlanda with a 15-point maximum.
5. The reigning Polish champion has been forced to change his personal riding number for this year, with No.69 taken by Aussie rival and Falubaz team mate Jason Doyle. Dudek has opted for the fairly similar No.692.
- 22/02: GRIN: YOUNG GUNS TAKING OVER SGP
- 21/02: SGP PREVIEW: TETEROW
- 20/02: SUCCESSFUL SURGERY FOR JANOWSKI
- 20/02: MORE WARSAW TICKETS RELEASED
- 20/02: FIVE FACTS: NICKI PEDERSEN
- 19/02: NO RUSH FOR NICKI ON SWEDISH DEAL
- 18/02: RIDER ROUND-UP: GREG HANCOCK
- 17/02: CIESLAK EARTHS ELECTRIC DOYLE
- 16/02: SGP GOLD: NICKI'S MALILLA THRILLER
- 16/02: ACES & REBELS STAGE TOP EVENTS