FIVE FACTS: FREDDIE LINDGREN
SGP Five Facts brings you five things you may not know about the 2017 FIM Speedway Grand Prix stars. Today, we feature Freddie Lindgren.
1. The Swedish international has made 95 SGP appearances since making his series debut at the 2004 Swedish SGP at Stockholm’s Olympic Stadium. All being well, he’ll hit the 100 mark at the Kjærgaard Danish SGP in Horsens on June 24.
2. Lindgren’s one and only FIM Speedway Grand Prix win came in the 2012 Swedish SGP at Gothenburg’s Ullevi Stadium. Fast Freddie saw off Greg Hancock, Chris Holder and Tomas H Jonasson for what remains the biggest victory of his career so far.
3. The Orebro-born man has reached 15 SGP finals, including one in 2016, finishing third at the Stockholm SGP.
4. Lindgren’s highest score in a single FIM Speedway Grand Prix came when he bagged 22 points at the 2008 Swedish SGP in Gothenburg. He blazed through his first six heats unbeaten, only to lose out to Norwegian-born Polish international Rune Holta in the final.
5. If any more evidence was needed that Fast Freddie does his best racing in Sweden, he earned his spot in this year’s World Championship by finishing third at the GP Challenge in Vetlanda on September 3.
- 25/03: RIDER ROUND-UP: JASON DOYLE
- 24/03: WARD TIPS ZMARZLIK FOR TITLE
- 24/03: SAVE OVER 30% ON KING'S LYNN SWC TICKETS
- 24/03: LIONS SWOOP FOR BRITISH CHAMPS
- 23/03: SGP GOLD: CARDIFF FINAL THRILLER
- 23/03: NICKI'S HOLSTED HOME
- 22/03: ZAGAR'S DOMESTIC CHORES
- 21/03: SGP PREVIEW: HORSENS
- 21/03: MAGIC CLOSES ON TRACK RETURN
- 20/03: FIVE FACTS: NIELS-KRISTIAN IVERSEN