FIVE FACTS: JASON DOYLE
SGP Five Facts is your guide to the FIM Speedway Grand Prix class of 2017. Today, we bring you five things you may not know about Jason Doyle.
1. Doyley went into the 2016 series as one of just two SGP regulars never to have won a round. He laid that record to rest in spectacular style, winning events in Prague, Gorzow, Teterow and Stockholm.
2. This put him five points clear at the top of the World Championship. But a cruel crash in his opening race at the penultimate round in Torun meant he became the first rider to win four SGP rounds in a season and not be crowned world champion.
3. Despite having absolutely no FIM Speedway Grand Prix experience prior to 2015 – not even as a wild card or track reserve – Doyle has finished fifth in both of his first two SGP seasons.
4. The Newcastle-born racer showed terrific consistency in 2016, winning 28 of the 59 races he started – a fantastic 47.46 percent!
5. Doyle’s next SGP heat win will be his 50th in the series. He has amassed 49 over the past two seasons.
- 23/04: GOLLOB'S GREATEST FIGHT
- 22/04: RIDER ROUND-UP: MATEJ ZAGAR
- 21/04: PAWLICKI: MORE TO COME
- 20/04: FIVE FACTS: TAI WOFFINDEN
- 19/04: MAGIC: READY TO ROCK AND ROLL
- 18/04: "DON'T WORRY, RELAX & HAVE A GOOD TIME!"
- 18/04: SGP PREVIEW: KRSKO
- 17/04: FIVE FACTS: BARTOSZ ZMARZLIK
- 16/04: ZAGAR BOOSTED BY BIG FINISH
- 15/04: RIDER ROUND-UP: PATRYK DUDEK