FIVE FACTS: CHRIS HOLDER
SGP Five Facts brings you five things you may not know about the 2017 FIM Speedway Grand Prix stars. Today, it’s Aussie ace Chris Holder.
1. The Sydneysider became the fifth Australian rider to lift the FIM Speedway World Championship at Torun in 2012, following in the footsteps of Lionel van Praag, Bluey Wilkinson, Jack Young and Jason Crump.
2. Holder has five FIM Speedway Grand Prix victories to his name – with two of them coming at the British SGP in Cardiff in 2010 and 2012.
3. His most recent saw him become the first Aussie rider to win Down Under when he topped the box in the QBE Insurance Australian SGP at Melbourne’s Etihad Stadium last October.
4. This capped a season which saw Holder get back to his best in the SGP series, as he reached a superb seven finals in 2016.
5. The 29-year-old has been one of the series’ most consistent performers, racking up 760 points in just 74 SGP appearances, meaning he has an overall average of 10.27 points per round – more than enough for a semi-final spot!
- 23/04: GOLLOB'S GREATEST FIGHT
- 22/04: RIDER ROUND-UP: MATEJ ZAGAR
- 21/04: PAWLICKI: MORE TO COME
- 20/04: FIVE FACTS: TAI WOFFINDEN
- 19/04: MAGIC: READY TO ROCK AND ROLL
- 18/04: "DON'T WORRY, RELAX & HAVE A GOOD TIME!"
- 18/04: SGP PREVIEW: KRSKO
- 17/04: FIVE FACTS: BARTOSZ ZMARZLIK
- 16/04: ZAGAR BOOSTED BY BIG FINISH
- 15/04: RIDER ROUND-UP: PATRYK DUDEK