Grand Prix star Janusz Kolodziej has been banned from appearing in Vetlanda’s trip to Swedish Elitserien leaders Indianerna on Tuesday by his Polish club Leszno.
The Bulls are fuming with the Polish champion after he struggled to just five paid six points in his side’s disastrous 51-39 defeat in their Ekstraliga play-off quarter final, first leg at home to Gorzow on Sunday.
Kolodziej has failed to recapture the incredible 2010 form which saw him earn an SGP wild card, help his country to Speedway World Cup glory and lift league titles with Vetlanda and Leszno.
So his Polish side has opted to suspend him from racing in Sweden in a bid to ensure he can focus his attentions on their quarter final, second leg in Gorzow this Sunday.
A brief statement on the Bulls’ official website reads: “The decision of club president Joseph Dworakowski is that Janusz Kolodziej is ineligible for the Swedish league this coming Tuesday. We want Janusz’s mind devoted to preparing for Sunday's match.”
Kolodziej is also enduring a nightmare season in the World Championship. With four rounds remaining, he is a lowly 13th in the standings with 39 points.
This puts the Tarnow-born man 27 adrift of the top-eight automatic qualification places and he faces a huge battle to keep his spot in the SGP series for 2012.
- 27/03: THREE-YEAR SGP DEAL FOR TORUN
- 26/03: HOLDER'S HOME ADVANTAGE?
- 25/03: RIDER ROUND-UP: JASON DOYLE
- 24/03: WARD TIPS ZMARZLIK FOR TITLE
- 24/03: SAVE OVER 30% ON KING'S LYNN SWC TICKETS
- 24/03: LIONS SWOOP FOR BRITISH CHAMPS
- 23/03: SGP GOLD: CARDIFF FINAL THRILLER
- 23/03: NICKI'S HOLSTED HOME
- 22/03: ZAGAR'S DOMESTIC CHORES
- 21/03: SGP PREVIEW: HORSENS